Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Conor Oberst & the Mystic Valley Band - Outer South













I can honestly say I have never liked more than a song or two on any given album that I have been forced to listen to by Bright Eyes. So when I had the opportunity to get this album I was excited to tear it apart. I sat down to listen to it with a giant smile on my face just waiting anxiously for the first thing to make fun of. Here I sit on listen #2 and I have yet to find any major fault with it. Upon further examination I must say that he has matured quite a bit from the obnoxiously drunk love struck 8th grader that I once took him for and that if all of the releases he appeared on sounded this well put together that I would own his entire collection.

It's a toss up which song I like the best on this one, so check out these songs: Difference Is Time and Big Black Nothing.

No comments: